The Consumer Opinion Center is located in Glen Allen, Virginia. Please click here for directions and parking information.
Our building has its own dedicated parking lot; parking permits are not required.
• A government-issued photo ID is required for check-in at the facility before each evaluation session.
• Review your study documents – You will need a PDF reader to view these documents. If you do not have a PDF reader, click here to download a free copy.
• Review the Guidelines for Study Participants
The Consumer Opinion Center provides a casual and relaxed environment.
To be respectful of other study participants, please do not wear any clothing that may be found offensive or otherwise deemed inappropriate by your fellow research participants, including:
• Clothing featuring obscene, profane or offensive images or words
• Torn or ripped clothing
• Low-cut or extremely tight clothing
• See-through clothing, or exposed undergarments or midriff
• Skirts or dresses shorter than mid-thigh
• Please conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and treat others with courtesy and respect.
• Cameras are not allowed at the facility. While mobile phones can be brought into the facility and used in the lobby areas, the camera feature may not be used.
• No weapons or illicit drugs are allowed in the facility.
• Only scheduled participants will be admitted to the COC facility; please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment, including children.
• Please do not use scented personal care products, including perfumes, aftershaves, flavored lipstick or lip balm prior to or during evaluation sessions.
• You will be asked to arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to your session start time. During these 15 minutes, please do not smoke, eat, chew gum, or drink anything other than water. Outside food or beverages should not be brought into the facility.
• Products provided to you during your evaluation are for research purposes only – they should not be removed from the COC facility.
• Immediately notify a COC Staff member if there are any changes to your general health that may impact your ability to participate in tobacco-related research.